Return package
Thread poster: ItziarVillam
ItziarVillam
ItziarVillam
United Kingdom
Mar 25, 2018

Hi

I've finished my translation but struggling to create a return package as that option isn't highlighted.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Itziar

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 00:44
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Did you receive the project as a Studio package or something else? Mar 25, 2018

If you got the project as a package, you should be able to create a return package, otherwise not.

But you can just return the sdlxliff files from the project - the return package apparently mainly contains the translated sdlxliff files as far as I've understood it.

Roy

ItziarVillam
ItziarVillam
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
How to create the proyect package Mar 25, 2018

Thanks for your quick reply

I am new to this!!

How can I create the package or the sdlxliff file?

Itziar

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:44
German to Turkish
+ ...
... Mar 25, 2018

Itziar,

when you work on Studio, basically you have 3 options:

1) you get a project package from your customer (you cannot create it), import it to Studio, translate and then create a return package.

2) you get an xliff file from your customer, create a new project using the "new project" option in the homepage, import the xliff file from your customer to Studio, translate and then send your customer a translated xliff file (you will find it under Studio/ta
... See more
Itziar,

when you work on Studio, basically you have 3 options:

1) you get a project package from your customer (you cannot create it), import it to Studio, translate and then create a return package.

2) you get an xliff file from your customer, create a new project using the "new project" option in the homepage, import the xliff file from your customer to Studio, translate and then send your customer a translated xliff file (you will find it under Studio/target language folder).

3) you get a word etc. format file from your customer, create a new project using the "new project" option in the homepage, import the file from your customer to Studio (it is converted to an xliff file in this process), translate, export the translated file and then send your customer the exported file (you will find it in the original folder).

There are few more options you can use but before working on Studio, I would suggest watching the basics tutorials. there are plenty of them in SDL website and on youtube for example.

Regarding your problem at hand: export the translation (you'll find the relevant path easily, I cannot remember it now since I'm working on another tool).

Hope this helps,
Elif
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Return package

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »