Updating TM based on an updated XLF
Thread poster: Grega Fajdiga

Grega Fajdiga
Local time: 11:21
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Mar 27

Hello everybody,

So my friend and I work on a series of projects. The client sends us XLF files and my friend translates them.
Then the client sends me the word file and I do a thorough QA by reading the original and the translation side-by-side and make changes via Word's Track Changes feature. I then make corresponding changes in my friend's XLF and send both Word doc and XLF to the client.

Here's my question: how could my friend update her TM with my QA'd XLF? Now, we don't want new entries, we want to update existing entries, so that we don't have two translations for the same segment (correct and incorrect one.) Is there a quick way to do that?

Oh, I don't know if it matters, but I forgot tu mention initially: my friend is using Trados 2011 and I'm using Trados Studio 2017.

Thank you.

[Edited at 2018-03-28 10:42 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating TM based on an updated XLF

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search