Thread poster: sarahm87

sarahm87
Switzerland
Local time: 23:30
English to French
+ ...
Apr 12

Hello,

I work with SDL Trados Studio 2017 and have a problem sometimes with packages the clients send me. When I open the .sdlxliff file in Studio, there is an error message saying that the file was created with a file type which is not present on my system (Doc 2.0.0.0) and that I won't be able to use options such as superscript, preview, quick tags and saving the target file. I then can't generate the target file.

I always have to send the saved .sdlxliff file back to the client so they convert it for me and I can then finish my work in the Word file.

Does anybody have the same problem? Do you know what I should do to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Sarah Herbo-Mettraux

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:30
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Update your Studio Apr 12

Hello Sarah,

Is your Studio up to date? I think this new version has been introduced with a cumulative update:
https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/ReleaseInformation/CUs-Studio2017SR1?articleName=000004981

"New versions of the following file types were added:

Microsoft Word 97-2003 (updated to DOC v 2.0.0.0)"

HTH

sarahm87
Switzerland
Local time: 23:30
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't work Apr 12

Ekaterina Kroumova wrote:

Hello Sarah,

Is your Studio up to date? I think this new version has been introduced with a cumulative update:
https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/ReleaseInformation/CUs-Studio2017SR1?articleName=000004981

"New versions of the following file types were added:

Microsoft Word 97-2003 (updated to DOC v 2.0.0.0)"

HTH

Hello,

I updated Studio but I still have the same problem... Thank you anyway for having responded. This file type still isn't supported.

Best regards

Sarah Herbo-Mettraux

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Another try Apr 12

OK, another try.

Under File>Options>File types, where in the tree is the DOC file type (compared to the two DOCX ones) and is it checked on the right hand side?

Also, have you tried to repair the installation?

Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
I am having the same problem May 6

sarahm87 wrote:

Hello,

I work with SDL Trados Studio 2017 and have a problem sometimes with packages the clients send me. When I open the .sdlxliff file in Studio, there is an error message saying that the file was created with a file type which is not present on my system (Doc 2.0.0.0) and that I won't be able to use options such as superscript, preview, quick tags and saving the target file. I then can't generate the target file.

I always have to send the saved .sdlxliff file back to the client so they convert it for me and I can then finish my work in the Word file.

Does anybody have the same problem? Do you know what I should do to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Sarah Herbo-Mettraux

Have you sorted it out?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: file created with a file type not present on the system

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search