https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/324506-cannot_log_in_with_my_sdl_id.html

Cannot log in with my SDL ID
Thread poster: Jana Novomeska
Jana Novomeska
Jana Novomeska  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 19:39
English to Slovak
+ ...
Apr 14, 2018

My windows went through an update and since then I haven't been able to log into my SDL using my ID - I keep getting a note that my email address or password are incorrect. I even changed my password but it is still the same.

Any advice? Thanks!

André Sainderichin
André Sainderichin  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2014)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Try this... Apr 14, 2018

Hello Jana,

What I understand from your mail is that Windows went through an automatic update, i.e. it suddenly started updating itself without even asking if that was OK for you.
I would advise turning that "feature" off. You can do that through the control panel, and "System & Security". That way, you can control when updates take place.

I say that because I had something similar happen to me. I cloned the disk where Studio 2017 was installed to a bigger disk, a
... See more
Hello Jana,

What I understand from your mail is that Windows went through an automatic update, i.e. it suddenly started updating itself without even asking if that was OK for you.
I would advise turning that "feature" off. You can do that through the control panel, and "System & Security". That way, you can control when updates take place.

I say that because I had something similar happen to me. I cloned the disk where Studio 2017 was installed to a bigger disk, and then Studio 2017 started to misbehave. It would still start, but couldn't find the termbases anymore, wouldn't save to the drive I indicated, etc.

I don't know what the "technically perfect" solution is, but why don't you try re-installing Studio 2017? Log in on the Trados website, go to your licence and return it (i.e. disable the Studio copy that's on your disk). Erase Studio 2017, and download and re-install it from scratch. When that's done, activate the new copy of Studio 2017 with your product key.

It looks a bit extreme, but I suspect it may work. Of course, if someone knows the technically correct solution, apply that.

Success!

André
Collapse

Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
Due to new login process? Apr 14, 2018

I received the following text in an email from SDL yesterday:
Following recent maintenance work on SDL’s Online Ordering System (OOS) to improve system security and reliability, we are pleased to announce that single sign on (SSO) authentication will be available from 12 p.m. BST on April 14 2018, on the SDL Account Login area of sdl.com, SDL Community and SDL Customer Gateway. SDL’s Language Cloud will cut over to SSO from April 24.

Maybe your problem has to do with it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot log in with my SDL ID

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »