International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

How to deactivate day/date in Trados 2015?
Thread poster: Paula Mahler

Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 15:45
French to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 24

Helo: when I have a date in my source text (e.g, April 24th) in the target text appears always the day (e.g. martes, 24 de abril). I can't find out how desactivate this feature.
Thanks for your help.
Paula

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
Auto-substitution Apr 24

In your project settings (or globally in File/Options if you want to do this for all future projects), go to:

Language Pairs > Your specific language pair > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Auto-substitution > Dates and Times

Change the Long date format to the second option and that's it (since you're here, you can also adjust in the Measurements section to always insert a non-breaking space between numbers and units, another annoying option that should be the default for Spanish).

Isn't this all very intuitive? /s

Paula Mahler
Argentina
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autosustitución no aparece Apr 24

Dear Rossana,
Thank your for your answer. It is intuitive, yes, but when I click in Translation Memory and Automated Translation, Auto-substitution > Dates and Times dont' appear.
I don´t know how.
Best,
Paula

Rossana Triaca wrote:

In your project settings (or globally in File/Options if you want to do this for all future projects), go to:

Language Pairs > Your specific language pair > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Auto-substitution > Dates and Times

Change the Long date format to the second option and that's it (since you're here, you can also adjust in the Measurements section to always insert a non-breaking space between numbers and units, another annoying option that should be the default for Spanish).

Isn't this all very intuitive? /s

[Editado a las 2018-04-24 17:34 GMT]

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
Really awful interface Apr 24

Sorry, the /s is shorthand for "sarcasm" -- I meant it's definitely not intuitive at all!!  :)

I don't have a SDL 2015 to check the command is in the same place as the 2017 version, but here's a link to a useful blog post by Emma Goldsmith with screenshots (although I think it may be for SDL 2014).

[Edited at 2018-04-24 18:59 GMT]

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:45
English to Russian
Global options, same for project-specific settings (SDL Trados 2015 SR3) Apr 25

See this screenshot:
http://i65.tinypic.com/k19u1z.jpg

Paula Mahler
Argentina
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many, many, many thanks Apr 25

Best,
Paula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deactivate day/date in Trados 2015?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search