Tag protection ON!
Thread poster: Elena Miguel

Elena Miguel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 19, 2005

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum to post this message because I don't know if Trados is the cause of the problem explained below...
I recently had to format my PC and install again all the applications.
After this process, when I try to check the spelling of any document written in English I get a message on the task bar saying "Tag protection ON!" and Word ignores all the text and says everything is Ok (indeed, it says that the process has finished although no typos are found). I've even made spelling errors on purpose to check whether it works or not and Word was not able to detect them.
Surprinsingly enough, I only have this problem when I'm working in English, because indeed I can check the spelling of texts written in Spanish and/or French.
Have you ever experiencied a similar problem??
Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Rubén de la Fuente  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
It has to do with Trados May 19, 2005

Tag protection on is a Trados message, so I assume it does have to do with Trados. I get a similar message sometimes, but when the spell-checker is nearly done with the document and has been working properly. Try to toggle the tag protection (Trados > toggle tag protection) and see how it goes. Then, you can try to select the whole text and define the language (Inglés, con No revisar ortografía y gramática desactivado) or copying and pasting in a new document and try to spell check there. These might seem dumb solutions, but you never know. Hope this helps. Best regards,

rubén

Elena Miguel  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but it doesn't work May 20, 2005

When the "Tag protection if OFF", Word runs a kind of "mock" process because the task bar says it is checking the spelling but it does not detect spelling mistakes....
Thank you anyway.

Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
same problem, solved it this way May 28, 2005

This happened to me too, just a few day ago...I re-selected the language in word (you know when it says that all new normal documents will be now formatted with this language? I don't know the exact output in english...) and then the spell-checker started working again.
I hope this helps.
Ciao

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag protection ON!

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search