Thread poster: demalkin

demalkin
Netherlands
Local time: 01:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 3

Hi!

I made a booboo. My client delivered an xlf file to translate and an excel file as reference. I accidentally loaded the excel file into Trados so now whatever I do, I get an excel file back. The client insists on receiving an xlf file from me. What to do? Is there any way for me to create an xlf file from a translated excel file, or am i doomed to start from scratch?

Thanks a million!

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:11
Member (2008)
French to English
Use the TM May 3

Your translation should be in your translation memory. Load the xlf file and it should extract the translation from the TM. It might need some work over since segmentation and tags might not be exactly the same, but all the translation should be there. Use a concordance search of the TM if some segments or parts of segments don't show up.

demalkin
Netherlands
Local time: 01:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 4

Thanks so much! I actually got them to review the excel instead. But I will keep this in mind should this ever happen again in the future. Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get an xlf file from a translated excel

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search