Thread poster: Annett Roessner

Annett Roessner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 14:04
Member (2017)
English to German
May 14

Hi all,

I have an agency that wants me to send the clean file and the TMX file of the Trados project and not the SDLTMX.

Now, I‘m still quite new to Trados and I‘m not sure how to get the TMX file for the agency. So far, I never paid much attention to the different file types that Trados generates.

How can I get the translation memory in TMX format?

Apologies if this sounds like a silly question.

Thank in advance.

Best regards

Annett

Direct link Reply with quote

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:04
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Export May 14

Hi Annett,

From your project, go to project settings, all language pairs. In the TM list find the TM you need to send, highlight it and click the Export button above, to the right. In the dialog box, choose a name for your export and the place where to save it (remember it). You will get the TMX file.

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:04
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Filter out the specific project May 14

It is a little difficult to explain in the forum, but if you have other projects in your TM, you should filter off the segments used for that client or that project, and only send the TMX for that.

One way to do it is to use the options to filter segments used after a specified date and time, which would be the time you started on that project, or early that morning - I use 00:01 hours on that date, if it was the first project I worked on that day.

Otherwise you risk sending them data from other clients which may or may not be confidential.
If you have only used the TM for one project, don't worry, but it is useful to be able to filter off a single project and make an export without sending them your entire TM!

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:04
English to Russian
Try this free app May 14

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/sdlxliff2tmx/125/

Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:04
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Instead of filtering,... May 14

...like Christine Andersen said, you could remove all TMs from the project. Create a new one. Update it with the corresponding files. And export that TM, using Ekaterina Kroumova or Stepan Konev methods.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency asking for TMX file

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search