Thread poster: Judy Rojas

Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 20, 2005

Hi everyone:
I'm having the following problem when trying to execute the Bookmark-Handler in Word 2003.

Word crashes about halfway and I get a notification that an unexpected error occurred. Then Word asks if I want to sent the error report to Microsoft. I have pressed the OK to send button, but so far no answer from Microsoft.

When I uninstall Office 2003 and install Office 2000, the Bookmark-Handler works perfectly.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ricardo

Direct link Reply with quote

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:08
Member (2003)
German to French
No answer May 20, 2005

Ricardo Martinez de la Torre wrote:

Hi everyone:
I'm having the following problem when trying to execute the Bookmark-Handler in Word 2003.

Word crashes about halfway and I get a notification that an unexpected error occurred. Then Word asks if I want to sent the error report to Microsoft. I have pressed the OK to send button, but so far no answer from Microsoft.

When I uninstall Office 2003 and install Office 2000, the Bookmark-Handler works perfectly.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

I'm afraid I can not help you further, but I just wanted to say that you don't have to expect an answer from Microsoft! This Report System is in place for MS to be informed of the errors that occur in their programs, but no personal informations are collected. It's only to further improve their service and software. By the way, you can deactivate this service which is quite annoying.
As for youe error, I don't think it comes from Trados, but from Word.

Regards,
Sylvain

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5, Word 2003 and Bookmark-Handler

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search