Need help with Trados TeamWorks
Thread poster: LindaMcM

LindaMcM  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:28
Swedish to German
+ ...
May 21, 2005

Hi,

I have been surfing the internet for a while, and I thought I better post my problem here before I start tearing my hair out.

My client wants me to work with Trados TeamWorks. Not my favourite tool, indeed.

This time I am confronted with a problem, a big one.

Today I have been translating the whole day (using Workbench/TagEditor ("set close next no 100% open get"), opening files via TeamWorks). I would say I have translated more than 3000 words and that's also the way I feel. As I can't use the normal Workbench analysis function I have no idea how many words I actually have translated.
When I surf through the TeamWorks options I can't find a similar analysis tool but I found the report. All included files are listed with the word count of each file. Great, I can use a calculator and just sum up the word count of the files I have worked on.

But: when I do this I come to a result which is far away from 3000 words. More precisely: 189 words (without 100% and repetitions).
It's absolutely impossible that I have only translated 189 words this day (I mean, I know what I have been doing since early this morning!).

I have sent an e-mail to my client but of course I won't get any information before Monday but I have to translate about 6000 words (according to the total word count of the report) this weekend, to keep the deadline - and today I have "managed" 189!

Any suggestion, hint, idea is very, very appreciated!

Regards, Linda

I nearly forgot to mention the details:
Trados Freelance, 6.5.5.438, Build 439
Trados TeamWorks, 2.0.1.586

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help with Trados TeamWorks

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search