Trados 2017 - Bilingual Excel file excludes all my comments when generating target file.
Thread poster: Ignacio Costa

Ignacio Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:54
Member (2016)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 30

Hello all!

I'm working on a huge Excel bilingual file and, during my translation and review, I've added dozens of notes in the segments as comments.

Now, when I generated the Target File, all my comments are gone!
The Excel bilingual file convertion worked just fine, and all source and target content are correctly alined in columns A and B, but there're no comments at all.

That's my first time using this bilingual format in Trados. I was used to open the Excel file as a regular file in Trados and, after generating the target version, I'd simply copy and paste the column next to the source column in the original file. With that method, my comments would always come from Trados to Excel. With bilingual format they didn't.

Would anyone know a way to keep those comments in the target file?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 - Bilingual Excel file excludes all my comments when generating target file.

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search