A save file in Trados disappeared.
Thread poster: Torgeir Andvig

Torgeir Andvig
Norway
Local time: 15:33
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 6

So just like the headline states, I've been working for 2 days on a project and today when I started up Trados, trying to create a return package the save file wasn't there anymore and I've lost all my progress.
Does anyone have experience with this that might know what it is or have a solution for this?

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 15:33
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Try Advanced Save -> Save a Copy As Jun 6

Here is a workaround which might help:

Open the document for translation, where you can presumably see your translation.

Click on File (in blue, top left of the screen)

Select Advanced Save, then Save a Copy As

Browse to your desktop or some location you are sure you can find, and save a copy.
This will give you the bilingual file with the yellow and green icon, which you can deliver to your client.

You or they can regenerate the TM from that.

Then you can try to solve the problem - get help from SDL if possible!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A save file in Trados disappeared.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search