Studio 2017 TM upgrade process pause button.
Thread poster: Richard Hill

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:22
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Jun 9

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Studio 2017 and have upgraded most of my personal TMs, leaving the biggest for last, which is the DGT TM containing around 1.5 million segments. The first four steps (backup, upgrade, reindex and build) were reasonably fast, but the last step, align translation units, has been running for two days and according to the progress bar it has so far aligned 359,000 TUs, so I guess it will take around a week to complete, which begs the question: wouldn't it make sense to include a pause button? This would mean I could shutdown my computer and let it rest for a while and pick up where I left off later on. Also, living in rural Mexico, short power cuts are not uncommon, so having a pause button would mean I could hit the button when the no-break kicks in and wouldn't loose a few days progress in the upgrade process.

sx1ndi7xyu2xid6ttiyt.png

Also, when playing around with my first TM upgrades I notice that if I click cancel before the process is completed, the "upgrade" option for that TM is greyed out next time I set up a new project, which doesn't make sense because the process was not completed. If the process is cancelled part way through the last "align translation units" stage, will I still get leverage from the partially upgraded TM?

I guess splitting big TMs is one option, but still, a pause button would be nice.

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:22
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jun 10

Turns out the entire process completed a few hours after the original post:

gvggjg48kv3hzgr9kv2u.png

This means the progress bar is meaningless.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 TM upgrade process pause button.

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search