Unable to install Trados on new computer, despite having uninstalled it on old computer.
Thread poster: Haigo Salow
Haigo Salow
Haigo Salow  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:40
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 11, 2018

Hi there,

I was aware, after reading a previous post, that I had to uninstall SDL Trados on my old computer before being able to install it on the new one. I did just that, but it still shows on my Trados account that it is installed on a computer and that I have zero licenses left.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Haigo

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:40
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Did you deactivate the application? Jun 11, 2018

In Studio 2017 you must deactivate the software before you uninstall it. If you forgot you can re-install on the old machine, deactivate and uninstall again. Then you should see the license at your account.

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
No need to uninstall Jun 11, 2018

You don't really need to uninstall Studio, you just need to return the licence. So as Heinrich said, first re-install it on the old computer, then return the licence (deactivate it) from Help> Product Activation. But there's no need to deinstall it completely. This way, if you happen to need Studio on the old computer again, you can go trough the same process (deactivation - activation) very quickly.

Darius Sciuka
Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 04:40
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
No need to reinstall Jun 11, 2018

You don't need to reinstall Trados on your old computer to return the license. Log in to your SDL account, go to the license page, click "Can't deactivate online? – Deactivate offline" and then confirm offline deactivation. You will be able to use your license with the new installation in minutes.

Haigo Salow
Haigo Salow  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:40
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you everyone. I followed Darius' advise and received the off-line deactivation Jun 12, 2018

Do I now have to click on "return license"?

Thanks,
Haigo

[Edited at 2018-06-12 00:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-06-12 00:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to install Trados on new computer, despite having uninstalled it on old computer.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »