How can I deactivate my SDL Trados Studio Starter 2017 license without access to the software?
Thread poster: Hélène OShea

Hélène OShea
Ireland
Member (2017)
English to French
Jun 13

Hello,

I have lost my hard drive last week with my installed version of Trados Studio 2017 Starter on it and am now trying to install it back on the computer. I understand that I have to deactivate my license first to be able to reactivate it. But I seem to need access to the software to do that in order to get a deactivation code. And I don't have access to it anymore, all I can access is the trial.
I cannot find where to log in a support request on SDL website. I can see under my SDL account that my license is still in use. Does anyone know what can be done?

Update : I have now found how to submit a request on SDL support so hopefully I will get an answer and have my software reset.

Thanks in advance,

Helene

[Edited at 2018-06-13 14:38 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-06-13 14:40 GMT]

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:35
English to Russian
Despite SDL warns users to return their license before deinstallation Jun 13

this situation seems to arise quite often. So they normaly don’t even require support request. Just describe your problem as you did here and send them a simple email. According to my experience, they resolve this issue sooner than I can complete the request form.

[Edited at 2018-06-13 17:13 GMT]

Hélène OShea
Ireland
Member (2017)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved Jun 13

Thank you for your answers, my request was answered within an hour and my license reset. All good.

Helene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I deactivate my SDL Trados Studio Starter 2017 license without access to the software?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search