Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:46
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 4

Hi All,

the title says it all. I know I can open the file in Word and save it as .doc or .rft, but I was trying to avoid that.

TIA,
José Ruivo

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:46
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Studio is compatible Jul 4

Studio 2014 works just fine with docx files, no need to downgrade, unless you have specific problems. So what are yours?

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error messages Jul 4

Hi Ekaterina,

I get the following 2 error messages:

1) The file was not created by supported version of Microsft Word application and will not be processed
2) The document is not bilingual since 'tw4winmark' style is not defined.

French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Have you checked styles? Jul 4

Jose, have you tried this:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/t/7512#pi6614filter=all&pi6614scroll=false ?

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no luck :-( Jul 4

Hi Ekaterina,

I just tried it, and now I get three error messages:

1) Pre-scaning failed to identify the file type, the following messages were generated:
2) Pre-scaning error: The file was not created by suported version of Microsoft Word application and will not be suported;
3) Pre-scaning document error: the document is not bilingual since 'tw4winmark' style is not defined.

French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Word version is also important Jul 4

I searched around and what I found is that Studio 2014 only works with docx files created with Word 2013 and earlier but won't open a Word 2016 document. This is probably the case with your file and unfortunately the only solutions are either to use a newer version of Studio, or to downsave the word file, which you don't want to do. What version of Word do you use yourself?

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Suspect 2016 Jul 4

Hi Ekaterina,

juding from the file icon I think it's Word 2016. I have Word 2007, I can save the file as .doc, and solve it that way. Was just looking for a way to avoid that with numerous files.

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening .docx in Studio 2014?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search