chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 22:16
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 5

Hi experts,

I have Trados Studio 2015. I am unable to find out the method to extract the same segments from a sdlxliff file.

I know that one can extract frequent segments by going to Batch Task--->Analyse and then making the selection there. But the real issue is that it does not extract the same segments from the main file and instead makes a new file which contains such frequent segments only. This seems to be opposite to Wordfast Pro which retains one of the same segments and removes all same segments in a newly generated file. It seems that I have been unable to find out this feature in Trados.

Whether this feature exists at all? If so, please advise me in this respect.

Further, is there any method to extract the similar segments from a sdlxliff file by entering the desired percentage (e.g. removing the segments which are 85% similar).

I look forward to getting your valuable suggestions.

Regards and thanks,

Chopra

[Edited at 2018-07-05 06:04 GMT]

NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 18:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDLXLIFF Toolkit for the2nd question Jul 5

Further, is there any method to extract the similar segments from a sdlxliff file by entering the desired percentage (e.g. removing the segments which are 85% similar).

Download & install the free app SDLXLIFF Toolkit from de Appstore:
https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/sdlxliff-toolkit/296/

chopra_2002

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Method to extract same and similar segments from a sdlxliff file

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search