Trados Workbench 6.5 - formatting
Thread poster: Sina Lamprecht

Sina Lamprecht
Germany
Local time: 01:51
English to German
May 24, 2005

I have been working with Trados Workbench and Word for a while and a new problem has just occurred: There are bullet points in the source text such as a), b) and whenever I open a new segment this a) is either left out completey by the Workbench or it changes into c) or d) (and you can´t change that in the segment...), i.e. the bullet point is never identical with the "source bullet point". Has anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks a lot.
Sina

Direct link Reply with quote

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:51
Member (2003)
German to French
It's normal May 25, 2005

Hi,

The bullets are treated as "non translatable" parts by Trados, so that's why they may not appear in the segment you are currently translating. Don't worry, they will appear in your target file at the end.
For the second question, it is normal too: the client created an automatic numbering of the paragraph. When a translation unit is open, Word considers this as two paragraphs (source and target), so they appear respectively as 1) and 2), or a) and b). But when you move to the next unit, all becomes normal again. You will see when you clean up you file, no problem

Sylvain

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Workbench 6.5 - formatting

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search