Thread poster: MikeTrans

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 10:00
Italian to German
+ ...
Jul 24

Hello fellow colleagues,

sorry if this has been reported before, I'm currently in a 'hot' project and cannot make an indepth research in the forum posts.
It's as I say in the title: In some segments I have a fuzzy match as high as 85%, but Trados will not make me insert the match in my target language segment. If I chose 'Apply Translation' , then the Fragement matches will be inserted, and not the 85% match, I notice that the 'Apply Translation Result' is greyed-out.
I could switch-off the Fragment search to - maybe - solve the problem, but I still want to have it!

Is this a bug with the current Trados version, or is this caused by a non-activated setting in 'Project Settings' ?

Btw: I notice that Trados doesn't always propose terms already in the Termbase made a few segments before (File-based termbase) and is not always showing fragment searches that are present...Still not everything works ok. Here too, I wonder if it's just my settings or some bugs in the program.

Thanks very much for your suggestions or solutions!
Mike

[Edited at 2018-07-24 10:05 GMT]

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 10:00
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very strange... Jul 24

I now have fixed the problem by going in the general options. A message was showing saying something like 'Cannot find the translation memory xxx, browse for it...' . I did and after that Apply Translation works again. This should not happen because the TM window in general options should be empty AFAIK...

[EDIT]
Also, some of my matches are concordance matches, not 'translation results matches', but although 90% of the words are identical it doesn't count as translation match, how's that, Trados developers ?? I have to copy-paste and lose time...

[Edited at 2018-07-24 12:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: I cannot 'Apply Translation' when there are Fragment results

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search