Thread poster: MikeTrans

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 12:14
Italian to German
+ ...
Jul 24

Hello fellow colleagues,

sorry if this has been reported before, I'm currently in a 'hot' project and cannot make an indepth research in the forum posts.
It's as I say in the title: In some segments I have a fuzzy match as high as 85%, but Trados will not make me insert the match in my target language segment. If I chose 'Apply Translation' , then the Fragement matches will be inserted, and not the 85% match, I notice that the 'Apply Translation Result' is greyed-out.
I could switch-off the Fragment search to - maybe - solve the problem, but I still want to have it!

Is this a bug with the current Trados version, or is this caused by a non-activated setting in 'Project Settings' ?

Btw: I notice that Trados doesn't always propose terms already in the Termbase made a few segments before (File-based termbase) and is not always showing fragment searches that are present...Still not everything works ok. Here too, I wonder if it's just my settings or some bugs in the program.

Thanks very much for your suggestions or solutions!
Mike

[Edited at 2018-07-24 10:05 GMT]

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 12:14
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very strange... Jul 24

I now have fixed the problem by going in the general options. A message was showing saying something like 'Cannot find the translation memory xxx, browse for it...' . I did and after that Apply Translation works again. This should not happen because the TM window in general options should be empty AFAIK...

[EDIT]
Also, some of my matches are concordance matches, not 'translation results matches', but although 90% of the words are identical it doesn't count as translation match, how's that, Trados developers ?? I have to copy-paste and lose time...

[Edited at 2018-07-24 12:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: I cannot 'Apply Translation' when there are Fragment results

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search