Studio 2017: How to correct 100% auto-propagated segments?
Thread poster: MikeTrans

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 03:20
Italian to German
+ ...
Jul 25

Hello,
I have this scenario in Studio: I translate a segment which is then auto-propagated 100% below in the file, my translation contains a special letter sequence (e.g. xx) meaning that it will be replaced later by an expression. If at the end of my translation I filter all target segments containing xx and modify my first translation, then the auto-propagated segments will NOT be changed accordingly.

Is there a way to set Studio to also change the auto-propagated segments automatically?

Thanks,

[Edited at 2018-07-25 16:39 GMT]

Francisca van der Veen
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Change options Jul 25

Go to File > Options > Editor > Auto propagation. Tick:
1) Enable Auto-propagation
2) Auto-propagate exact matches to confirmed segments
3) Confirm segment after auto-propagating an exact match.

Under Starting position, select Auto propagate from First segment in the document

That should auto propagate the first segment in which you replace xx with the wanted text to all the same segments as soon as you confirm the segment.

MikeTrans

MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Jul 25

Hello Francisca,
thank you very much for your prompt reply! Your suggestion works perfectly, I didn't expect to find a multitude of options for auto-propagation in the general options. I've made the changes you suggest and can surely come back to it to adapt it if necessary.

Thank you and have a nice evening!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: How to correct 100% auto-propagated segments?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search