Thread poster: Wolfgang Schoene

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:30
English to German
+ ...
Jul 26

Hi
so I downloaded, installed and licenced the all new version Studio 2019.
Everything went fine, excepted that my Studio 2017 version has vanished from my licences and when trying to install add-ins to Studio 2019 (DeepL, for instance) SDL AppStore says: "Download not avaliable (sic!). You have logged in successfully, however this app is not available for you to download because you don't have a licence for one of the supported products in your account."
I bet this is because my Studio 2017 has vanished and, no, I did not uninstall v 2017 nor did I unlicence it.
Hope someone at SDL is reading this and has a good explanation + solution for it.

Best
Wolfgang

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:30
English to Italian
Info Jul 26

Hello
I am from SDL.
If you installed Studio 2019. SDL Trados Studio 2017 should still be there. The installation of 2019 does not remove 2017.
However - when upgrading - the old license is removed from the account. Your 2017 should continue to work but in your account you should only have Studio 2019.

I noticed on our community that some people are experiencing this issue however - https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/93/t/19022
and we raised an urgent investigation.

Could you please raise your issue in the community page above so we can keep you informed?

I am sorry about the inconvenience.

Kind regards
Massi

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:30
English to Russian
Not quite ready to move on to the newest version of SDL Trados Studio? (c) SDL Jul 26

Hi Massi,

Did you, by chance, read this message from your employer?
Studio 2019's activation code will work with your Studio 2017 software. In the coming weeks we'll be releasing a CU (Cumulative Update) for Studio 2017. Download the CU once it's available, then follow the steps below to activate your Studio 2019 license. The activation code you receive for Studio 2019 will work on both versions of your software!

When people have a license for the brand new product at hand, it is totally obvious that they would like to install and activate it right now.
Why not place the above-mentioned caption in big red letters in the beginning of the letter? Why not highlight this caption in bold exactly the same way you did for your webinar information?
Because, in my strong believe, it was done with a purpose.
======================
Hi Wolfgang,

They always did it this way. Once you upgrade your license, you do not have the previous one any longer. I have no idea, what they gonna investigate...
The same applies to apps. Once you install your upgrade, you may forget about many useful apps. They are not re-worked yet. You have to wait half a year before you have them available again. Examples: Copy Tags, Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider. It happened with 2015. It happened with 2017. It seems to happen now with 2019 and forever.
======================
@ ALL
Read the Would you like to continue using Studio 2017? section carefully.
Do not activate your license right now. Your 2019 copies will work without activation for 30 days in demo mode. If this time would not be enough for SDL to release their compatibility CU, then you will be able to revert to 2017.

[Edited at 2018-07-26 09:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2019 made my Studio 2017 licence vanish

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search