Instability in Trados Studio 2015
Thread poster: Anna Fitzgerald

Anna Fitzgerald  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:07
French to English
Jul 27

Hello,

I use SDL Trados Studio Freelance 2015 (SR 3 12.3.5281.10). For the past two weeks I've been having what I think might be called stability issues:

- Ctrl+Alt+Enter doesn't work consistently.
- The cursor jumps around.
- The software switches to the last application I was in.
- At one point, a series of q's were entered in my segment.
- While I'm proofing the translation and thus typing less, the cursor flashes constantly.
- Groups of words are highlighted with one click.

The software is up to date. Restarting Trados and restarting the computer don't seem to help. I've done a scan for viruses which didn't turn anything up.

I realize this may be a general problem. I did work a little in Word today and didn't have any problems, so for now I'm assuming this is a Trados problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Anna

Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 11:07
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
key board Jul 27

I wonder if it was something stuck in your keyboard that causes all those problems. Do you have similar issues working in other applications?

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Jul 28

I can see how that would be a possibility. But I haven't had the problems elsewhere. That said, during the past few days, as the problems got worse, I've only been in Word, my browser Edge, and a terminology application. It might be worthwhile to spend more time in these apps to see if the problems happen there as well.

Thanks again.

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 05:07
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Trados 2015 v Trados 15 Jul 28

Just a note: Trados 15 is the brand-new Trados 2019. So, please write "Trados 2015" in the title to avoid confusion.

Anna Fitzgerald

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Changed title Jul 31

Thanks! Done.

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 31

Just in case this might be useful for someone else, I connected an external keyboard and the problems have disappeared. I had to have a keyboard replaced once in the past due a problem with the ventilation damaging the keyboard. In any case, I'm glad to have resolved the issue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Instability in Trados Studio 2015

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search