Help - Error message when saving target
Thread poster: Judith Zerdin

Judith Zerdin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 30

Hello, just wondering if anyone can help me please?!

I'm a relatively new user of Trados 2017 and have got stuck saving a translation as an excel document. When I try to save the finished translation as a target, I get the following error message:

'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'

So it looks as if I can't save the target. The bilingual file seems to have saved, but I'm nervous about closing it to check in case it didn't and I have to do the whole thing all over again.

Can anyone help please? How do I save the target as an excel doc so I can send it back to the client? Can anyone explain what the error message means?

Many thanks in advance!

United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Help - Error message when saving target Aug 1

Anyone? Please...?

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:44
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Have you googled it? Aug 1

You're probably not getting answers because this is the most common Studio error. I think people are sick and tired of commenting it. Have you tried to google it? In this forum or elsewhere.

United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Help - Error message when saving target Aug 1

Thank you, Ekaterina. Being new to Trados (and translating) I didn't know that this was such a common problem....!

I had looked on the SDL website and help area, as well as the manual, but not Google, no, so thank you for that, hopefully that will solve the problem for me.

Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:44
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Suggestion Aug 1

Hi Judith,

Have you tried pressing F8 to verify the document? There could be a tag missing somewhere.

Best regards,
Pavel

United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Aug 1

Thanks Pavel. I found a similar discussion on an old SDL community thread and that sorted it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help - Error message when saving target

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search