Thread poster: Mauro Lando

Mauro Lando  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:50
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 9

I am working on a file converted from XML. The filename was longer than 250 letters, so I shortened it.
Then:
Got a number of Red bullet warnings equal to the n. of lines, saying::
“This file was created using a file definition that does not exist in your system.
The following functionalities will be restricted or unavailable”
Then, when trying to “save target as” its original XML, I got this:
“Failed to save target content. Cannot find file type definition with id sitecore”
Can anyone help? What went wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Mauro Lando

Matheus Chaud  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:50
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...

Renamimg Aug 9

Just for the record, I've already had lots of issues with Trados when I tried to rename files.

In some cases, I solved them creating new projects for the renamed files. In other cases, I reverted to the original name and the issue was solved.

Maybe someone has a better idea.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to save target content

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search