Need help with regex to change first character after bullet points to upper case
Thread poster: Erik Freitag

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:57
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Aug 9

Dear colleagues,

I'm looking for a regex that will convert the first character following a string consisting of a bullet point and a space ("• ") to upper case.

Example: "• test" -> "• Test".

As a matching string, (• )(.) works fine, but I can't find a way to convert the second group to uppercase. Threads on the sdl.community site seem to indicate that the regex flavour used by Studio doesn't offer this possibility?

As my regex capabilities are sadly lacking, I'd appreciate your help!

Many thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Erik

[Edited at 2018-08-09 12:43 GMT]

Olivier Den Hartigh  Identity Verified
France
Member (2014)
English to French
Need help with regex to change first character after bullet points to upper case Aug 10

Hi Erik,

You should ask the SDL Translation Productivity > AutoHotKey forum at https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/400. They should be able to help you.
Cheers,
Olivier Den Hartigh

Anthony Rudd

Regex replacement Aug 10

A general comment regarding regular expressions (regexes)
Although regexes are a powerful and useful tool for matching (even complex) terms, they offer only limited replacement (substitution) capabilities.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help with regex to change first character after bullet points to upper case

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search