Updating memory from a previous uncleaned translation
Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:24
Swedish to English
May 30, 2005

Can somebody please help me with some simple instructions on how to create and then update a translation memory from a previous uncleaned translation.

I am using Trados 6.5 Freelance

Thanks!
Ben

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:24
English to German
+ ...
Tools - Cleanup - Update TM May 30, 2005

Hi Benjamin,
I take it the "previous uncleaned" translation was created using Trados.

To import the segments contained, use the Update TM radio button setting in the Tools - Cleanup dialogue. It may be a good idea to do create a new TM for this purpose - if you prefer to use an existing one, check the options in Options - Translation Memory Options - General - Updating attribute and text fields.

Best regards,
Ralf

Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:24
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes the uncleaned file was created with Trados May 30, 2005

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response! I am new to Trados and have received a job from an agency where they gave me several uncleaned files to 'update' my memory for the translation (using Trados freelance 6.5). I am working in Word 2003. Please excuse my ignorance but I am just a beginner...! Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating memory from a previous uncleaned translation

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search