.php files with TagEditor or other Trados resources?
Thread poster: Luciana Vozza

Luciana Vozza
Local time: 21:32
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 1, 2005

I would like some help/suggestion on the best way to translate .php files.
I've tried the TagEditor, but it joins the lines in the text, changing them into long segments.
Do the .php files require any preparation?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I did it using forced segments Jun 1, 2005

Last winter I got php-files to translate and found out, the fastest and most reliable way is to use force-segment in Wordfast.

Actually Aleksandr Okunev sent me a macro, which worked well, but it also tagged the comments, which of course should not be translated. Php seems to be rather difficult to tagg. But contact Aleksandr, he is a great programmer.

Regards
Heinrich

Luciana Vozza
Local time: 21:32
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mr. Pesch Jun 1, 2005

Tks a lot for your suggestion. I haven't used Wordfast as of yet, but I'll do a little research on that.
Tks again.

Luciana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.php files with TagEditor or other Trados resources?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search