How would I verify that I have access to that directory?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Sep 27, 2018

This evening Trados wanted to install an update, so I let it. But halfway through the installation I get stumped with this error message:

verify access

Very funny, guys. How does one "verify that you have access to that directory"? I mean, yes, I do have access to it, but apparently the installer doesn't. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Gonna be a long night... Sep 27, 2018

Samuel Murray wrote:
This evening Trados wanted to install an update, so I let it. But halfway through the installation I get stumped with this error message...

The only viable option is "Cancel", which rolls back the installation. But then, that fails as well:

second message

It's going to be a long night.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Samuel Sep 27, 2018

Error 1603 is Windows error, actually. And it means that Studio really does not have access to that directory (for whatever reason). The first thing to do would be restarting Windows and checking that no other programs are running in the background.

Perhaps you can find solution by making search for "error 1603" for your version of Windows (e.g. "Fix Error 1603 in Windows 10"). As far as I remember, there was some solution at Microsoft site, and a few 3-party programs that helped to
... See more
Error 1603 is Windows error, actually. And it means that Studio really does not have access to that directory (for whatever reason). The first thing to do would be restarting Windows and checking that no other programs are running in the background.

Perhaps you can find solution by making search for "error 1603" for your version of Windows (e.g. "Fix Error 1603 in Windows 10"). As far as I remember, there was some solution at Microsoft site, and a few 3-party programs that helped to fix this problem for various installers.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2018-09-27 21:21 GMT]
Collapse

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Still think it's a bit silly Sep 28, 2018

Natalie wrote:
Error 1603 is Windows error, actually. And it means that Studio really does not have access to that directory (for whatever reason).

The odd thing is that this is a directory that Trados itself created.

Anyway, I found the update's installer in some TEMP folder somewhere where Trados had downloaded it to, and was able to re-install the update after a reboot. No admin privileges required.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How would I verify that I have access to that directory?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search