https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/32918-language_pair_in_workbench_not_matching_document_in_tageditor.html

Language pair in Workbench not matching document in TagEditor
Thread poster: TRADL
TRADL
TRADL
France
Local time: 03:39
English to French
+ ...
Jun 1, 2005

Hello,
I'm stuck with TagEditor and Workbench. I have RTF files from FrameMaker that need translating in TagEditor and I need to create a brand new TM for this job. The files come from Switzerland (and they need translating into French). I have been trying all sorts of language pairs but nothing works and when I open a file in TE, I get a message saying the language pair in WB doesn't match. How can I find out what languages my client used when they converted the files from FrameMaker. I'm
... See more
Hello,
I'm stuck with TagEditor and Workbench. I have RTF files from FrameMaker that need translating in TagEditor and I need to create a brand new TM for this job. The files come from Switzerland (and they need translating into French). I have been trying all sorts of language pairs but nothing works and when I open a file in TE, I get a message saying the language pair in WB doesn't match. How can I find out what languages my client used when they converted the files from FrameMaker. I'm waiting for a reply from my client but I really need to start translating. Thank you for your help!

TRADL

ps: I have Trados 6.0.0.309 build 310 and win me

[Edited at 2005-06-01 10:38]

ps2: when I open the RTF files in Word, I can see the Source language as English US which is wrong but never mind. And I've tried opening a memory with English US and French but it still doesn't work...Don't know what to do.

[Edited at 2005-06-01 11:16]
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try converting to TTX first or opening the tools in a different order Jun 1, 2005

Hi,

Try following these steps in this precise order:

1) Launch the Workbench
2) Launch TagEditor
3) Open the RTF file from TagEditor.

Alternatively you can try making an Analysis of the RTF file with the Workbench after activating the option to convert RTF files to TTX.

I hope this helps!

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language pair in Workbench not matching document in TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »