Regular expression to sort source segments alphabetically in (Community) Advanced Display Filter?
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:32
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 2, 2018

Does anyone here have a working regex to sort all src segments alphabetically in the (Community) Advanced Display Filter?

Michael

See also: See more
Does anyone here have a working regex to sort all src segments alphabetically in the (Community) Advanced Display Filter?

Michael

See also: https://community.sdl.com/ideas/translation-productivity-ideas/i/trados-studio-ideas/editor-function-to-alphabetically-sort-all-source-or-target-segments-in-a-file
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:32
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am STILL looking for a way to do this! Sep 2, 2022

see also: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/20659/sort-segments

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:32
English to Russian
Not with Trados Sep 4, 2022

I think you may give up this idea because sorting is not possible with Trados in principle. The only way to make Trados do it is to develop it from scratch. Trados processes a file as a single piece, a stone tablet, not a set of detachable Lego pieces. You only can hide some specific lines in the tablet (filtering) but not move or swop them (sortin... See more
I think you may give up this idea because sorting is not possible with Trados in principle. The only way to make Trados do it is to develop it from scratch. Trados processes a file as a single piece, a stone tablet, not a set of detachable Lego pieces. You only can hide some specific lines in the tablet (filtering) but not move or swop them (sorting).

[Edited at 2022-09-04 01:39 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regular expression to sort source segments alphabetically in (Community) Advanced Display Filter?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »