activating termbase in trados 2017
Thread poster: Sue Davis

Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:05
Member (2015)
French to English
Oct 11

Sorry this is a very basic question. I have used trados for a while but have not got round to sorting out how to use a termbase. I have just received a text to revise from a new client and they want me to use their termbase. This seems to have been added a) how do I activate it and b) do I need to download multiterm?

Janine Teuscher  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
How to add a termbase Oct 11

Hi Sue,

you can simply add the termbase in the project settings, if it is not already included in the project:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl%20trados%20studio/client_en/Projects_View/Managing_Projects/Editing_Project_Settings/OpenRe_TB.htm

and in the editor, there should be a little "Term Recognition" window. In the "open for translation" mode this should automatically appear on the top right. If you open the file "for review" you have to activate it yourself. You can find it in the middle of the "view" tab.

If a term is included in the termbase a red bracket appears around it in the source text.

You can even set the QA checker to check the document for terminology. Although this is sometimes more work than doing it manually, depending on the quality of the termbase and the settings.
http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl%20trados%20studio/client_en/Ref/O-T/Verification/TermVerifier_TermDef.htm

I hope this helpsicon_smile.gif

Viele Grüße

Janine

Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
review mode Oct 11

many thanks Janine. I think the termbase has already been added by the agency. I am having difficulty though in activating it in review mode.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

activating termbase in trados 2017

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search