Total words 0 (Zero)
Thread poster: Biscaygo

Biscaygo  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 09:58
Member (2011)
Nov 12, 2018

The packages from the client show a certain word count, but when I open them, it will show the actual numbers of files, but zero for Total, untranslated and unreviewed words.

Some of these packages can contain up to 10 TM.

Analyzing the files using those TMs gives a result completely different from the client, in fact, it seems those TM do not contain any matches!

In one project, I imported all the 100% matches into a new TM, and then the analysis was close
... See more
The packages from the client show a certain word count, but when I open them, it will show the actual numbers of files, but zero for Total, untranslated and unreviewed words.

Some of these packages can contain up to 10 TM.

Analyzing the files using those TMs gives a result completely different from the client, in fact, it seems those TM do not contain any matches!

In one project, I imported all the 100% matches into a new TM, and then the analysis was closer to the client's.

Any idea what the client is doing wrong? Are they using some server TM's?

(The packages have been opened in SDL 2017 and 2015 versions)

package 00
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Total words 0 (Zero)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search