https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/33069-trados_65_recognizes_tms_but_does_not_translate.html

Trados 6.5 recognizes TMs but does not translate
Thread poster: Saskia Steur (X)
Saskia Steur (X)
Saskia Steur (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:40
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 5, 2005

I have recently upgraded to Trados 6.5.5.438 Build 439

The TMs I have generated in Trados 6.0 are recognized properly, but when I want to translate a file, it acts as if it translates, buts leaves only the source text.

Each segment opens properly, Trados recognizes the translated segment, but when I set/close the segment there is not translation.

I have checked the box on the options tab for showing the hidden text, but this does not solve the proble
... See more
I have recently upgraded to Trados 6.5.5.438 Build 439

The TMs I have generated in Trados 6.0 are recognized properly, but when I want to translate a file, it acts as if it translates, buts leaves only the source text.

Each segment opens properly, Trados recognizes the translated segment, but when I set/close the segment there is not translation.

I have checked the box on the options tab for showing the hidden text, but this does not solve the problem.

Please help - I am getting desperate...
Best regards
Saskia
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Let's try ( downwards arrow) Jun 5, 2005

I'm not quite sure if I understand. What happens when you open the first segment? Which command do you use to open it?

If you are opening the segments with a button that contains just he parenthesis sign (NOT THE ONE WITH A DOWNWARDS ARROW) you will see a 100% concordance at the Translator's Workbench window, but the segment will not copy itself in the target space of the Word file. To copy the segment just click on the downwards arrow. TO AVOID IT, start choosing the button with a
... See more
I'm not quite sure if I understand. What happens when you open the first segment? Which command do you use to open it?

If you are opening the segments with a button that contains just he parenthesis sign (NOT THE ONE WITH A DOWNWARDS ARROW) you will see a 100% concordance at the Translator's Workbench window, but the segment will not copy itself in the target space of the Word file. To copy the segment just click on the downwards arrow. TO AVOID IT, start choosing the button with a parenthesis and a downwards arrow together.
To close the segment and open the following one, choose the button with two parenthesis with arrows at its ends and a downwards arrown in between.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Clarisa
Collapse

Saskia Steur (X)
Saskia Steur (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:40
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 5, 2005

Many thanks for your reply. That wasn't the real problem, but fortunately I have been able to solve it.

Best regards,
Saskia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 recognizes TMs but does not translate

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »