Thread poster: Roy Oestensen

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 07:14
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Dec 2, 2018

I have received a project with multiple .idml files. (7 in all.) Checking the File types "Adobe InDesign CS4 CC-IDML" is listed, though as I understand it, there should be an CS5 version out there of IndDesign.

So when I try to import said .idml files, they are marked as reference files only.

Can someone suggest a solution for this, please.

Roy

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 07:14
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Dec 3, 2018

The solution was to reinstall Windows. Apparently there was something wrong with my installation, as other programs also were affected.

Dawid Kita
Poland
English to Polish
File Types settings to solve in another way Jan 4

I am seeing these posts way after the issue was solved, but the other common cause is an un-ticked box at "Process unsupported file versions". Ticking it usually results in IDML files being loaded as "Translatable" rather than "Reference".

It can be found here:
Options > File Types > Adobe InDesign CS4-CC IDML > Common > Process unsupported file versions

Hope it might be helpful in case anyone else faces issues with it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems importing .idml files into Studio 2019

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search