Thread poster: Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 03:41
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 10, 2018

I wonder when SDL will tackle the issue of term recognition and QA seriously.

Errors generated at QA due to non existing terms are multiplying by the dozens. Images of examples on Proz won't upload but i am collecting a number of cases as this is becoming unbearable.

Does anyone have any practical advice?

Thanks

[Edited at 2018-12-10 03:26 GMT]
InkedTerm Recognition_LI
Studio term recognition

[Edited at 2018-12-10 11:58 GMT]

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:41
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
No high hopes Dec 10, 2018

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

I wonder when SDL will tackle the issue of term recognition and QA seriously.

[Edited at 2018-12-10 03:26 GMT]

Not before they at least acknowledge that there is a problem.

Enrico C - ECLC

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:41
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Maybe Dec 10, 2018

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

you should double-check your settings? Something must be wrong with them.

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 03:41
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Settings are ok Dec 10, 2018

Natalie wrote:

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

you should double-check your settings? Something must be wrong with them.

Dear Natalie,

Thanks for your kind suggestion. Please, rest assured the settings are perfectly fine. Let me tell you how i know that. I work with Templates including TMs, MT glossaries and settings. Term Verification and other key settings are checked daily because Studio "forgets" the settings (for example recognition % is set to 100 but Studio insists in bringing it back to 70).

As you can see from the samples i just posted (i could not upload pictures to due strict antivirus settings), term recognition is not working fine. This is not a matter of settings but one of algorithm to me.

- I have already reinstalled it endless times (under request of SDL over the time, and also on other versions since 2009)
- I have of course rebuilt all templates
- I have of course reorganized my TMs, sometimes rebuilt them from scratch, so i did with the MT glossaries
- I have of course, once, reinstalled Windows (SDL in some cases thought it was Windows 10).

The point is, the software is not working properly. It is not Windows, it is not me (i have been using this since 1999 just to be clear), it is not the machine (i have very updated machines with very powerful processors, one being a gaming machine, the other a very fast ultrabook with plenty CPU and RAM and SSD).

Studio is not working properly. Term Recognition is one of the problems that conflates with slowness, crashes, segments that can't be confirmed, software freezing, terms that can't be inserted, modified, opened, the Multiterm module crashing inside the editor, countless error messages that i have been seeing since 2009 and so forth.

It is not a user problem (even if it was it wouldn't be surprising since they use a set of menus that seem designed to make you buy a course to understand how to use it). It is a software problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 and term recognition

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »