Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:42
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Dec 13, 2018

Hello,

Some months ago now, I had finished dutifully right-clicking on all my TMs to upgrade them (backup, upgrade, reindex, build, align), a process that sometimes took ten to fifteen minutes for large TMs.

Following the latest Trados 2017 update, I see that the orange triangle has reappeared on all of them!

Does this really mean I have to upgrade them all again?

Is there an explanation somewhere of the benefits of upgrading?

[Edited at 2018-12-13 14:05 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (1970)
English
Good to read the release notes... Dec 13, 2018

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=CUs-Studio2017SR1

Regards

Paul
http//xl8.one

France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul Dec 13, 2018

They seem to be taking ages to upgrade.
It may be time to get a new computer!

France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Repair tool for large TMs ? Jan 13

I have an old TM that contains 132,000 units. Since it represents a few years' work, I regularly add it to projects and search it for terminology. I am using Trados 2017.

I no longer add any units to this TM.

It used to be 200 Mb and then, when I did the "upgrade" following a Trados update a while ago, it became 400 Mb.

This was OK, but following the Trados 2017 SR1 update in December, it was necessary to upgrade it again, and now it is 600 Mb.

I must say I do not understand how it can be necessary to triple the size of a TM when the number of units stays the same?

This would not bother me except it seems that I can no longer search it - it just takes too long. I have tried moving the speed/accuracy bar towards more speed, but it has no effect.

I am wondering if there is sort of "repair" tool that would make the TM more useful again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Upgrade Translation Memory" feature

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search