How to prevent Studio 2019 from trying to open Outlook when creating a return package?
Thread poster: Hybinette

Hybinette
Local time: 21:15
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2019

I've been having the issue for a while now (I don't know exactly when it started, but it's become more of a problem now that I work for an agency that requests return packages rather than just the sdlxliffs) that Studio 2019 tries to open Outlook whenever I'm creating a return package, and it is slowly driving me mad. I do not use Outlook, but I am not able to uninstall it since it has become an integral part of Office 365.

How do I stop Studio from opening Outlook? My Studio versio
... See more
I've been having the issue for a while now (I don't know exactly when it started, but it's become more of a problem now that I work for an agency that requests return packages rather than just the sdlxliffs) that Studio 2019 tries to open Outlook whenever I'm creating a return package, and it is slowly driving me mad. I do not use Outlook, but I am not able to uninstall it since it has become an integral part of Office 365.

How do I stop Studio from opening Outlook? My Studio version is 2019 SR1 15.1.0.44109, and I'm using Windows 10 and Office 365 with all the current updates.
Collapse

Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:15
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Change the default... Jan 9, 2019

email program in Window's settings to the one you use.

Good luck!

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:15
English to Russian
For AHK users Jan 9, 2019

Here is another workaround, a script by Nora Diaz:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/400/t/20418

Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:15
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A more detailed explanation of the script Jan 9, 2019

Thanks for sharing the script, Stepan! For anyone looking for a more detailed explanation, please see this article:

https://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2018/11/closing-outlook-window-when-creating.html

Hybinette
Local time: 21:15
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I fixed it Jan 9, 2019

Thank you for your replies! I managed to fix it by starting the account configuration process in Outlook, and after that I no longer get prompted to open Outlook.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to prevent Studio 2019 from trying to open Outlook when creating a return package?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search