Open for translation vs open for review
Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jan 11

Hello everyone

What is the difference between "open for translation" and "open for review" in Trados 2019? I mean, what are all the things that will happen when the one is used instead of the other? When should you definitely not use the one, but rather the other?

Thanks
Samuel


 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:32
Member (1970)
English
Audit trail Jan 11

It's a way of working so you can track what you are doing in a sort of regulated process.

- segments receive a different status as you confirm them so they are seen as reviewed or otherwise
- reviewing features like track changes are automatically turned on
- TQA features are also available for more regulated review processes


Natalia Pedrosa
 

Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
Local time: 06:32
Member (2016)
German to English
+ ...
multiple files Jan 11

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hello everyone

What is the difference between "open for translation" and "open for review" in Trados 2019? I mean, what are all the things that will happen when the one is used instead of the other? When should you definitely not use the one, but rather the other?

Thanks
Samuel


One in particular: you can open multiple files for review into a single editing pane, and then when you e.g. change your mind about a particular term, or want to compare your translations of some fragment, the search (-and-replace) box / "filter" will go through the whole lot.


 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Mair Jan 11

Mair A-W (PhD) wrote:
You can open multiple files for review into a single editing pane, and then when you e.g. change your mind about a particular term, or want to compare your translations of some fragment, the search (-and-replace) box / "filter" will go through the whole lot.


But this happens when you open for translation too, doesn't it? Or, how does the ability to open multiple files in a single view, and the find/replace function, work differently in the review mode than in the translation mode?


 

Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
Local time: 06:32
Member (2016)
German to English
+ ...
huh Jan 12

[quote]Samuel Murray wrote:

Mair A-W (PhD) wrote:

But this happens when you open for translation too, doesn't it? Or, how does the ability to open multiple files in a single view, and the find/replace function, work differently in the review mode than in the translation mode?


Huh, so it does. Why did I never find that before?


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open for translation vs open for review

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search