https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/33580-tag_editor_and_latex_files.html

Tag Editor and LaTeX files
Thread poster: Marc Figueras
Marc Figueras
Marc Figueras  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
English to Catalan
+ ...
Jun 20, 2005

I usually work with Trados (6.5), and sometimes I need to translate LaTeX files. LaTeX source files are tagged files (not very different from HTML files or other simply tagged files) but they're not among the recognized Tag Editor formats, so I translate them "by hand".

I'd like to know if there is any way for defining new tag formats for Tag Editor, so it could recognize other types of tags. Is it possible? or is it "hardcoded" in the program?

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 11:26
English to Russian
You can do it easily Jun 20, 2005

Marc Figueras wrote: I'd like to know if there is any way for defining new tag formats for Tag Editor, so it could recognize other types of tags. Is it possible? or is it "hardcoded" in the program?

Fistly, you could have run a search on Proz. Here is the topic about a tagger which handles LaTeX http://www.proz.com/topic/28049

I would tag the source TEX files with the Tortoise Tagger, save the resulting Word documents as RTF and open them in Tag editor, translate, clean, open in Word and copy/paste into source files.

Waiver: I dunno enough about TE.

If you get a 'bad command' warning during tagging, chech the list of commands inthe manual or drop me a line in private.

Have fun (and Tortoise Tagger)
Aleksandr
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~>

Marc Figueras
Marc Figueras  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aleksandr! Jun 20, 2005

Fistly, you could have run a search on Proz. Here is the topic about a tagger which handles LaTeX http://www.proz.com/topic/28049

Sorry, I was looking for a LaTeX related topic just in "Trados support" forum. I should have searched in the other fora as well.

I would tag the source TEX files with the Tortoise Tagger, save the resulting Word documents as RTF and open them in Tag editor, translate, clean, open in Word and copy/paste into source files.

Waiver: I dunno enough about TE.

If you get a 'bad command' warning during tagging, chech the list of commands inthe manual or drop me a line in private.

OK, I'll have a look at Tortoise Tagger, it seems it would become a wonderful tool for my LaTeX works!

OTOH I still wonder if there is a way to define new tag filters for Tag Editor...

[Edited at 2005-06-20 18:32]

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 11:26
English to Russian
Good luck Jun 20, 2005

OK, I'll have a look at Tortoise Tagger, it seems it would become a wonderful tool for my LaTeX works!

I did hundreds of thousands of words in LaTeX tagged with this simple macro.
OTOH I still wonder if there is a way to define new tag filters for Tag Editor...

I guess there is.

Happy translating!
Alex

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor and LaTeX files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »