Thread poster: Laure Trads
Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:23
Member (2004)
English to French
Jun 24, 2005

Hi,

A potential client sent me the files of her Website so that I give her a quote for translation.
Most of her files are XML. I thought I would analyse them with Workbench, but I get the message "(50106) No matching setting files found".

So, I tried to open one of the XML files in Tageditor, which gives me the message: "This document contains the unknown DOCTYPE declaration/root element "section". A DTD settings file has not yet been defined for this document type. Would you like to specify the settings file now?"
I clicked on "Yes", then "Add", and got to a dialog box called "Add DTD settings". I'm not sure what the best option for me is, but I chose "Create a new DTD settings file using the DTD settings wizard". The wizzard is asking me for an .ini file which was not amongst the files my client sent me.

1. Should there always be an .ini file with Websites containing XML files? If so, I'll just ask her for it.

2. If this is not the right way to go, which way should I go about this?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Laure

Direct link Reply with quote

France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Should the DTD file come with the Website files? Jun 24, 2005

After trying to find more information on the topic, it seems that the DTD file should be created at the same time as the XML files and that, therefore that is the file I should ask from my client instead of creating my own?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Laure

France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
And here is the answer... Jun 24, 2005

If someone else with the same problem finds this post, here is what I did:

I eventually found this very useful thread:
http://www.proz.com/topic/31647

I too went for the Ingen2 solution, which also worked for me: I was able to create the .ini file I needed to open my XML files with.

I'll just add something for people who don't know where to find the DOS prompt, it is in Start > Programs > Accessories.

And to change the current directory to the folder where the files are, you have to type "cd space name of folder" and press Enter, and repeat with all the folders until you have recreated the whole path.

Laure

[Edited at 2005-06-24 23:02]

Sara Santa Clara
Local time: 18:23
English to Portuguese
+ ...
THANK YOU! Jul 4, 2005

Thank you, Laure!
I have had the same problem before and have had to translate the documents in Word and then copy&paste them onto the original files opened with Notepad!... Thank God this was a very understanding client!
When faced with a new job of the same type I decided to search the web a bit more and... I found your post!

I think this will change my life considerably!!

Thank you again!

Sara

Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 22:53
English to Hindi
+ ...
Thanks E2F Jul 13, 2005

English2French wrote:

If someone else with the same problem finds this post, here is what I did:

I eventually found this very useful thread:
http://www.proz.com/topic/31647

I too went for the Ingen2 solution, which also worked for me: I was able to create the .ini file I needed to open my XML files with.

I'll just add something for people who don't know where to find the DOS prompt, it is in Start > Programs > Accessories.

And to change the current directory to the folder where the files are, you have to type "cd space name of folder" and press Enter, and repeat with all the folders until you have recreated the whole path.

Laure

[Edited at 2005-06-24 23:02]

I am also in the same situation and I hope this will help. However, please note that to change directory you don't need to repeat the CD command. You can directly write the whole path after CD to directly land in the intended folder, for example,

CD C:\Documents and Settings\agoyal\My Documents\AG

will take you to AG folder directly.

[Edited at 2005-07-14 10:34]

France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for this precision, Anil Jul 18, 2005

Anil Goyal wrote:

However, please note that to change directory you don't need to repeat the CD command. You can directly write the whole path after CD to directly land in the intended folder, for example,

CD C:\Documents and Settings\agoyal\My Documents\AG

will take you to AG folder directly.

[Edited at 2005-07-14 10:34]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.ini file to create DTD settings

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search