Trados analysis log files
Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 08:02
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Jun 24, 2005

Trados 6.5.5.441 - I have not been able to find much on the topic in Trados help or in the forums here:

Can I set the name and path for saving the Tradsos analysis log files?

With a new laptop, my text log file began to be written in the directory of one of the translation memories and not in the ...\Program Files\TRADOS\T65_FL\TC directory, where it was before; I need to get back to the original setting and do not know how.

If I could also change the behaviour of the .csv log, which now overwrites the previous csv with each new analysis (such as, saving a new . csv file each time, with an automatically generated name), it would be very nice, but that it not likely... or is it?

Antonin

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Yes, you can... Jun 25, 2005

In the Analyse Files window, click Log File and select Browse. Then you can name the log file and select any location.

I always create a new log file for each file or batch of files and locate it in the project folder along with the project TM. Then you can easily go back and check the analysis.

Jørgen

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, works fine Jun 25, 2005

I have been using Trados nearly every day for more than two years, and I am still learning important new things all the time.

This feature is sort of intuitive, once you know it works this way; but a small explicit note about it somewhere in Trados help would not hurt, I believe.

Regards,

Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados analysis log files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search