https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/33789-multiterm_migration_tool%3A_problem_with_locales.html

Multiterm Migration Tool: Problem with locales
Thread poster: Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez
Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez
Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:01
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2005

Hi,

I have a problem. I have to import a glossary into Multiterm but the file I have is .mtw. So, I have to convert it to .xml with Migration tool.
The file is eng-spa, but when I try to do the convertion, the program asks me to specify the locales. There are three locales in the index field: English, Spanish and Portuguese. I select the Locale acronyms in the locale list for English and Spanish, and the I select the acronym for Portugues, but when I try to go on, there appea
... See more
Hi,

I have a problem. I have to import a glossary into Multiterm but the file I have is .mtw. So, I have to convert it to .xml with Migration tool.
The file is eng-spa, but when I try to do the convertion, the program asks me to specify the locales. There are three locales in the index field: English, Spanish and Portuguese. I select the Locale acronyms in the locale list for English and Spanish, and the I select the acronym for Portugues, but when I try to go on, there appears a message saying: "The PT locale is not supported by the system". The same happens with the PT - BR locale. But if I don't select an acronym for Portuguese there appears another message saying: "The locale for the Portuguese index is empty. Specify a locale". So I can't go on. This never happened to me before. And I have converted many files this way.
Is there any way to erase the Portuguese locale from the migration tool? I haven't found it.
Thanks a lot for your help. It's really urgent!!!
Eugenia
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can use another locale Jun 25, 2005

Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez wrote:

Is there any way to erase the Portuguese locale from the migration tool? I haven't found it.
Thanks a lot for your help. It's really urgent!!!
Eugenia

Hi, Eugenia,

I don't know why this happens. What you can try is using another locale which is not already in used in your databse (like English-Australia). Then you can search an replace in the converted XML and XDT files the locale code (EN-AU) with the PT-PT code.

Just make sure you use a Western European language (German, French, Danish...) and PT accented characters will be preserved.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Migration Tool: Problem with locales

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »