bilingual Source framemaker file- how to convert with S-Tagger?
Thread poster: Astrid C
Astrid C
Astrid C  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:35
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jun 29, 2005

Hi,
Maybe you can help me, because I really have no idea how to proceed...

I have a bilingual manual in Framemaker (Italian/English). My client wants me to translate into Romanian only the English part of it , (so the final translated file must be bilingual Italian /Romanian.)

How can I convert the fm file (or rather the mif file) with S-Tagger?
What source language should I specify for the stf file? Italian or English, or both (?!)

And in the
... See more
Hi,
Maybe you can help me, because I really have no idea how to proceed...

I have a bilingual manual in Framemaker (Italian/English). My client wants me to translate into Romanian only the English part of it , (so the final translated file must be bilingual Italian /Romanian.)

How can I convert the fm file (or rather the mif file) with S-Tagger?
What source language should I specify for the stf file? Italian or English, or both (?!)

And in the translatable files, (TagEditor or Word - it's not important whatever would work better given the circumstances) how can I skip the Italian source segments and translate only the English ones?
Can this be done at all?

Note: I have Framemaker 7, & Trados 6.5 FL & Word XP

I would be really grateful for any suggestions!
Thanks,
Astrid

[Edited at 2005-06-29 12:45]
Collapse

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 07:35
English to German
Use conditional text in FrameMaker Jun 29, 2005

Simply format the Italian text as conditional text in FrameMaker and then hide it in FrameMaker. Everything that's not visible in FrameMaker will excluded from translation during the S-Tagger conversion.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

bilingual Source framemaker file- how to convert with S-Tagger?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »