Thread poster: Laure Trads

Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:31
Member (2004)
English to French
Jul 4, 2005

Hi,

I am experiencing a different download problem: I seem to be downloading an empty zip file.

I followed the instructions:
- go to https://trados.subscribenet.com
- use login ID and password
- click on Trados 7 Freelance
- click on Download next to "Installing TRADOS 7 Freelance as Upgrade"

Then the file downloads and, 1.5 min later, Winzip appears, I open the zipped file, but then nothing: the Winzip window is empty.

I asked Trados for help. They recommended clicking on Advanced Download Options and choosing HTTPS. But the file you get if you choose the HTTPS is a pdf file containing instructions. I have asked for more help from Trados and I am still waiting. They know I have paid for my upgrade, because they quote my order number.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Laure

[Edited at 2005-07-04 19:59]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Downloading instructions vs. installation file Jul 4, 2005

Hi Laure,
The empty zip file may be due to your proxy server settings - I have the same issue, which is why I need to use HTTPS for download.

The reason why you're getting a PDF file is because you're downloading instructions... icon_wink.gif

Have another look at the information in the Customer Center:

TRADOS 7 Freelance

For instructions on installing TRADOS 7 Freelance and the softkey license, download the below documentation applicable to you:

* Installing TRADOS 7 Freelance as New License, if you are not yet using TRADOS Freelance
* Installing TRADOS 7 Freelance as Upgrade, if you are an existing TRADOS Freelance customer
* Installing TRADOS 7 Freelance for Early Bird Customers, if you purchased your new license or upgrade during our Early Bird campaign

Additional and localized documentation on using TRADOS 7 Freelance is included in the TRADOS 7 Freelance Installer.

You will need to download the installer to get the installation file, plus additional documentation.

HTH, Ralf

Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It worked ! Jul 4, 2005

Thank you, Ralf. Once again, I owe you one.
Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Empty zip file when downloading Trados 7

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search