Word spellchecker plug-in not loaded
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:00
English to German
Jul 5, 2005

Hi,

I've always had this problem, no matter what version of Trados I've been using. Currently, I'm using Trados FL 6.5.5 Build 441. I can select the Word spellchecker but it just does not work. Every time, I get the message that the Word spellchecker plug-in was not loaded and I don't understand why. BTW, I've got Word 2002 open and it does not seem to make any difference if I load TE first and Word second or viceversa.

Having read some of the other threads on this subj
... See more
Hi,

I've always had this problem, no matter what version of Trados I've been using. Currently, I'm using Trados FL 6.5.5 Build 441. I can select the Word spellchecker but it just does not work. Every time, I get the message that the Word spellchecker plug-in was not loaded and I don't understand why. BTW, I've got Word 2002 open and it does not seem to make any difference if I load TE first and Word second or viceversa.

Having read some of the other threads on this subject, I have been able to reactivate the Wintertree spellchecker, which is better than nothing.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Rebekka
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word spellchecker plug-in not loaded

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »