Channa Montijn
Channa Montijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:06
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 5, 2005

I have tried to clean a file translated with Tageditor the usual way and by saving as Target only... no luck so far... what am I doing wrong?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
What happens exactly? Jul 5, 2005

...no luck so far...

What happens exaclty? Are you getting an error message?

Best regards,
Ralf

Channa Montijn
Channa Montijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No error message Jul 5, 2005

however, I changed the name of the file slightly and now it can be saved as Target only, so in this case the problem is solved... but I do not understand why this happened though.
I could not translate this file with Trados 5.5 freelance, so I tried 6.5... no problem.
I tried cleaning it the standard way... no such luck and as Target only worked but I had to alter the name of the file...

But thanks Ralf for your prompt reply... greatly appreciated -:))

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Clean up Jul 5, 2005

I always just clean up the .ttx documents using the "Clean up" function. It then converts the document in an .isc file (a separate file).

By definition, the .isc file will be monolingual. There's nothing to clean up in this case

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 freelance not cleaning .isc-file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »