English to Chinese
Jul 13, 2005

winxp sp2
winword 2003
trados 6.5.5.411 fl
multitermix 6.2.0.287

hi,
I encounter this strange problem:
when I was using this "translate till next non-exact match" function on workbence, the translation looped among three table cell endlessly, I have to actually close workbench to stop the loop, is there any body know what is going on?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:25
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Know behaviour, but I´m afraid this is Word fault Jul 13, 2005

You are getting in such loop, when table contains connected cells - or at least it happens then mostly.

You don´t need to close Workbench to stop the loop. It is enough to click once into Workbench window. After that close the text unit with "ALT+END" and translate the table without using the function "Translate to fuzzy".

Regards
Jerzy

Xiaobin Liu
China
Local time: 15:25
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
what is connected cells? how can I avoid it Jul 15, 2005

hi, Jerzy,
thank you very much for your reply. I have to ask further: what is connected cells? how are they identified? so that I know how to prepare table based files for trados

regards

Lewis

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:25
English to German
+ ...
Cells forming a loop Jul 15, 2005

Hi Lewis,
There's nothing that you can do in terms of 'preparation' - sometimes tables are authored in a way that cells form a loop. Have a look at the (original) file where you witnessed this behaviour - cells are most probably nested in a way that the way out of the last cell in the loop goes straight back to the beginning. (This can happen where a cell has been extended across more than one line.)

Not a big issue, though - if you get into such a loop, stop Translate to Fuzzy, placing the cursor manually into the next line if necessary.

Best regards,
Ralf

Xiaobin Liu
China
Local time: 15:25
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 19, 2005

Thanks,
Jerzy and Ralf,You ve been very helpful! I found all the answers (Trados related) I wanted so far from this forum, Fantastic! better than official Trados supporting site, I'll have to say!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados looping endlessly when auto translating within a table

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search