Workbench error "Settings file or not found"
Thread poster: Alain Fontaine
Alain Fontaine
Alain Fontaine
Local time: 03:22
English to French
+ ...
Jul 22, 2005

I am receiving this error when trying to analyze html files with Workbench 6.5. Further when I translate html files with TagEditor, I cannot save them as ttx files, but only as target files.
I installed 6.5 recently and never had this type of problems with version 6

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Have you registered T6.5? Jul 22, 2005

Hi Alain,
Did you register T6.5 after installation (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5)?

Not sure if that's the issue, though...

Best, Ralf

Alain Fontaine
Alain Fontaine
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 22, 2005

Thanks! That just did it.
I never knew I had to register Trados 6.5.
I don't remember having done it for the previous versions.

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
(Re-)Registering sometimes helps Jul 22, 2005

Hi again,
"Registering" means to set certain entries and values in your system registry. This is particularly important when using different Trados versions in parallel.

Best regards,
Ralf

Valentina Viali
Valentina Viali  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Registration ok but I still get the error message! Jul 25, 2005

I have got the same problem as Alain. I made the registration, but still get en error message "50106" "Settings file not found". I work with Trados 6.5 only and don't have previous versions. Thks in advance for any suggestion.
Valentina

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
XML files require customised settings files Jul 25, 2005

Hi again, and thanks for quoting the error number; in fact, if you search for this in the Trados Knowledge Base, you'll find KB article 1379, which explains the problem.

As XML files have a customised structure (after all, that's the very essence of XML...), you cannot use the default settings files for HTML.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench error "Settings file or not found"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »