Thread poster: Domenica Nieddu
Domenica Nieddu
Domenica Nieddu  Identity Verified
United States
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 26, 2005

Hello,

I am relatively new to Trados and would like some information on how to work with xml files. I think that I need to use TagEditor but I do not know how to convert the files in ttx. Please forgive me if the question is very basic but all my knowledge of Trados is mostly related to Word files.

Could you give me a very easy to understand, step by step, explanation of the process? Thanks,

Domenica

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-07-26 0
... See more
Hello,

I am relatively new to Trados and would like some information on how to work with xml files. I think that I need to use TagEditor but I do not know how to convert the files in ttx. Please forgive me if the question is very basic but all my knowledge of Trados is mostly related to Word files.

Could you give me a very easy to understand, step by step, explanation of the process? Thanks,

Domenica

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-07-26 06:39]
Collapse

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:36
English to Danish
+ ...
Simply... Jul 26, 2005

Open the xml file in TagEditor (having first opened the relevant TM in Workbench) and hit Save (Ctrl+S). TagEditor automatically saves the xml file as ttx.
When you're done, clean the clean using the workbench, and the cleaned file is converted back to xml.

) Jørgen

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:36
English to German
+ ...
XML files require customised settings files - you need the DTD or schema Jul 26, 2005

Hi Domenica,
As XML files have a customised structure (after all, that's the very essence of XML...), you cannot use the default settings files for HTML.

Trados KB article 1379 contains explanations and tips.

On a general note, you should be familiar with the fundamentals of HTML and XML.

Best regards
Ralf

sinead brody
sinead brody  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:36
French to English
+ ...
how do you use Trados for translation purposes Aug 23, 2005

I was given a translation to proof read and I haven't a clue how to use Trados with it. Can someone out there please give me the guidelines.

Thanks,

sinéad ( very new to trados )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use Trados for XML files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »