Thread poster: PCovs

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 04:27
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2005

I have recently purchased the Trados 7.0 upgrade along with a softkey license, and as far as I understood it I could get 2 licenses - one for my PC and one for my laptop. However, when I went to download my new license, only one was allowed!

I have just checked on Trados' website, and here it also says that I should be allowed two licenses, but I really cannot figure out where or how to do this!
Does anyone know how this is done?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jutta Deichselberger  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to German
+ ...
you only need one license Aug 4, 2005

Hello!

You get only one license, but you can install Trados 7.0 on both computers using the same license. I already did it and it worked perfectly!

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect! Aug 4, 2005

traduc03 wrote:

Hello!

You get only one license, but you can install Trados 7.0 on both computers using the same license. I already did it and it worked perfectly!

It's just that I have tried this before using my dongle, and my laptop said that I had already installed this software on another computer, and I have found that the application does not hold all features on my laptop((

I hope all this will then be corrected when installing Trados 7.0, thanks.

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
You can run only one Trados Freelance in your LAN Aug 4, 2005

This is the limitation of Trados Freelance version.
You can run only one softlock Workbench in your LAN.

HTH,
Wojtek

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is not so. Aug 4, 2005

Wojciech Froelich wrote:

This is the limitation of Trados Freelance version.
You can run only one softlock Workbench in your LAN.

HTH,
Wojtek

Please see this quote from Trados FAQs:
"Q. Can I install my copy of TRADOS Freelance on more than one computer?
A. Yes. From the Customer Center, you are entitled to download two (2) softkey license files to use on up to two (2) computers. The softkey license is required to complete installation."

What you cannot do is to run both installations in a LAN at the same time! The second one opened will run in demo mode.

What I need to know is, why was I only issued one license, or am I simply not getting the point of how to go about it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get a second softkey license for Trados

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search